- Based on Linux kernel version 3.0.26
- I/O Backport from 3.2 kernel (Thanks to franciscofranco)
- OC to 1.46 Ghz
- Voodoo sound and color (Thanks to supercurio)
- BLN (Thanks to neldar)
- BFS (Thanks to Con Kolivas) + -ck tweaks
- SLQB memory allocator
- Deadline, SIO, and BFQ I/O Schedulers
- Additional governors (Smartassv2, Lazy, Minmax, InteractiveX, Lulzactivev2, Intellidemand, Wheatley, Savaged-Zen)
- Stochastic Fair Blue (internet packet queue management algorithm)
- CIFS, TUN, NFS
- USB OTG (Thanks sztupy!)
- KSM (Kernel SamePage Merging)
**Ezekeel’s mods** (Thanks to Ezekeel)
- Ezkeel’s voltage mod
- Touch Wake
- v11.0 Applied pvr and mxt patches to Matr1x gingerbread source for ICS compatability.
- v11.5 Applied all of the updated ICS patches from Kwiboo and fixed BLN.
- v12.0 Fixed the wifi for alpha12+ compatibility, added Ezekeel’s bigmem mod, and updated his liveoc mod.
- v12.5 ICS 4.0.3 compatibilty and any Ezekeel mod updates.
- v13.0 Fixed the YouTube video decoding, added voodoo, and uploaded wifi script for Iran i9023 users (thanks Alireza Asgari!).
- v13.5 Added the 100% “battery tweak”, patched up to 3.0.14, added the LagFree and InteractiveX governors, BLN app support, INIT.D support, and any Ezekeel bug fixes.
- v14.0 Added the Lulzactive governor and fixed the deep idle wake issue.
- v14.5 Added SIO I/O Scheduler, Lulzactivev2 governor, BLN blink interval code, and green screen fix.
- v15.0 Updated kernel base to 3.0.17, added the Wheatley governor by Ezekeel, BFQ, USB OTG support, and any Ezekeel bug fixes.
- v15.5 Updated kernel base to 3.0.18, I/O Backport from 3.2 kernel, USB OTG build 5, some ext4 tweaks, conservative governor + tweaks, and v® I/O scheduler.
- v16.0 Fixed the 0.00B ram issue, updated kernel base to 3.0.19, removed deep idle and added cpuidle backport from 3.2 kernel, added the Intellidemand governor, and added some various performance tweaks.
- v16.5 Put deep idle back in, added some performance tweaks, added any ezekeel bug fixes, updated kernel to 3.0.20, and added the Lionheart governor.
- v17.0 Updated kernel base to 3.0.21, added KSM, and added some performance tweaks.
- v17.5 Updated kernel base to 3.0.22, added the smartassv2 bug fix by abev66, added the Savaged-Zen governor (Thanks Savaged-Zen team), and added some performance tweaks.
- v18.0 Updated kernel base to 3.0.24, added byeonggon’s Selective LiveOC, added SWAP capabilities, and added some performance tweaks.
- v18.5 Updated kernel base to 3.0.26, added Fast Charge by Chad Froebel (Be sure to get his widget here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…stchargewidget), removed SWAP due to lag, and added some performance tweaks.
- v19.0 Updated kernel base to 3.0.28, added the updated SIO I/O Scheduler, added the 4.0.4 ICS code, added the Bigmem mod from the CM9 kernel, and added some performance tweaks.
- v19.5 Updated kernel base to 3.0.30, fixed the ondemand sampling rate issue, added CM9 wifi support, and added some performance tweaks.
- v20.0 Updated kernel base to 3.0.32, changed the refresh rate to 50Hz, added some performance tweaks, and changed some governor tunables.
ICS kernels are NOT COMPATIBLE with Jelly Bean ROMs, for Jelly Bean ROMs, please see Matr1x Jelly Bean Kernels!
Links to ICS version:
Click Here for Downloads
Link to source: https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_samsung_ics_real
1. How do I flash this kernel?
You can flash from CWM recovery or rom manager. Make sure you wipe dalvik
cache before flashing.
2. After flashing, why does it get stuck at the google logo or get bootloops?
Make sure you are flashing the right kernel version for your rom and reflash. If
it still does it, then just let me know and I can take a look.
3. After booting up and using it, why does the kernel seem very laggy?
I would suggest you OC it or liveoc it from 1Ghz. If you liveoc it, I would raise
all voltages first by at least +15. Say if you liveoc with 105, you can go +15-
+25 across the board.
4. Why am I getting random reboots?
You probably have it oc’ed too high or your phone can’t handle the uv. If you
get random reboots, first try raising all voltages. If that doesn’t help, then
lower the clock speed.
5. What’s the difference between CFS and BFS?
This is a good thread: http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?3520-
But CFS is a nice overall scheduler, with nice stability and it is good for a
BFS is a performance scheduler giving more performance to the currently
running app, like a game. So if you aren’t really a multitasker or if you play a lot
of games, BFS is a better choice.
BFS is sometimes a bit unstable though.
6. What are the governors?
7. How can I tweak the voltages?
I would recommend using SetCPU and looking at the “voltages” tab and altering from there.